Are You ESSK Squad Material?
ESSK’s team is made up of educators, creators, tech enthusiasts, parents, and camp professionals. Our dynamic group embraces a culture built around the promise of play and learning in a “camplified” environment. We recognize that play can be a powerful teaching tool, especially when it comes to capturing the imaginations of children. ESSK creates camp, after school, and weekend programs that are fun AND infused with 21st-century skill development of critical thinking, collaborative teamwork, creativity, and adaptability.
Extreme Steam Science Kids (ESSK) has created a virtual Dash program centered around Wonder Workshop’s new Dash Neighborhood simulator. The program has been developed with a camp feeling and offered to camps and children across the country during this 2020 summer camp season as well as throughout the year. Instructors will follow an ESSK created guided curriculum, teaching children ages 6 to 11 in small classes virtually using Zoom.
We are looking for instructors who meet the following requirements
- Good working knowledge of Dash’s Blockly coding
- Teaching skills especially in a virtual environment
- Good working knowledge of Zoom
- Outgoing personality and be able to engage children
- Prior experience in a children’s recreational camp is beneficial, not mandatory
- Availability to teach multiple sessions
An Instructor is responsible for creating the ultimate ESSK experience! This includes fostering a FUN and SAFE environment while helping students learn new technology and think creatively. In addition to creating an engaging learning environment, an Instructor is in charge of continuously supervising students, leading games and activities, and maintaining a safe atmosphere while on duty.
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
- Attend online Staff Training
- Complete ALL paperwork and training requirements
- Learn software and curriculum for program prior to onsite orientation
- May be required to be fingerprinted (based on location)
- Teach a class with up to 10 students
- Each session could be up to 3 hours
- Minor contact with parents via email may be necessary
- Ensure all students are meeting set curriculum goals
- Apply behavior management techniques to enforce rules and safety regulations
- Supervise all students and maintain a safe environment
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate would have expertise in two or more areas of technology pertinent to the program. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate flexibility, energy, positivity, leadership abilities, and strong communication skills. A background working with kids and camp experience is highly recommended. The ideal candidate would have completed 2+ years of college. Applicants under 18 will not be considered.
- Summer Camp Classes
- After School Classes
- Weekend Classes
- Fill your own class and earn more!
- 1 and 2-week sessions, 3 hours a day
- 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4pm
- All times are Eastern Standard Time
After School and Weekend Format
- 5-week sessions held multiple times throughout the year
- 2 hours per session
- Times and Dates to be determined
- $500 per week
- 10% per recommended child that enrolls in your class. Enroll 10 children and earn an extra $300!*
*The camper or student must list you as their recommendation upon registration